Prof. Murat Kaya
Murat Kaya (20 August 1981) received his undergraduate degree in Biology from Karadeniz Technical University, Turkey in 2003. Kaya received his master and PhD in Biology from Ankara University, Turkey in 2005 and 2008, respectively. He studies on zooplankton taxonomy, ecology and molecular phylogeny during his master and PhD. He started working as an Assistant Prof. in Department of Biology, Aksaray University, Turkey in February 2009. He got a position to work as an Assoc. Prof. in 2011 in Aksaray University. Now, he has been working as a Professor in Department of Biotechnology and Molecular Biology, Aksaray University.
Kaya studied under the Erasmus Program in Gent University, Belgium for 8 months (02.01.2006- 31.08.2006). He also studied under the Erasmus Program in Imperial College, London, UK for 8 months (10.01.2008-10.09.2008). He has a scholarship from “The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK 2219)” and he has been in University of California Merced, USA from 1st of June, 2017 (until 1st of April, 2018).
Dr. Kaya is interested in zooplankton taxonomy, focusing on rotifers by using morphological and molecular techniques. He has been working on biopolymer isolation from diverse organisms and characterizing them by using the techniques such as FT-IR, TGA, DSC, XRD, NMR, SEM, TEM, AFM, confocal and different kinds of light microscopies since 2012. He is looking at material science from biological perspective. He and his co-workers found and published very important discoveries, some of the selected ones are;
- Bat guano can be an important chitin and chitosan source (2014)
- A new surface morphology (only nanoporous morphology) for chitin was described from wings of cockroach (2015)
- The chitin samples isolated from different body parts of insects have different physicochemical properties (2016-2017)
- Antimicrobial, antioxidant and antitumoral properties of chitosan samples from diverse organisms were studied (2015-2017)
- Determination and characterization of chitin in the phyla Bryozoa and Tardigrada for the first time (2016, 2017)
- γ-chitin was described in detail for the first time (2017)
Marital status: married
Children: 2 children (one girl is 6 years old and one boy is 5 years old)
- Biodegradable films
Teaching (AKSARAY UNIVERSITY)
2009-2012 Invertebrate Biology
209-2016 General Biology
2014-2017 Chitin Sources and Application Areas (Master Course)
2014-2017 Plankton Biotechnology (Master Course)
- Prof. Dr. Chris Amemiya
School of Natural Sciences, University of California Merced, CA, USA
- Prof. Dr. Hermann Ehrlich
Institute of Experimental Physics, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, GERMANY.
- Prof. Jalel Labidi
Biorefinery Processes Research Group, Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU), Donostia-San Sebastian, SPAIN
- Prof. Dr. Hartmut Greven
Department of Biology of the Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf. Universitätsstr. 1. 40225 Düsseldorf. GERMANY.
- Prof. Dr. Audrius Maruška
Vytautas Magnus University, Kaunas, LITHUANIA.
|Journal of Cleaner Production
Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry
Materials Science and Engineering C
|International J. Biol. Macromolecules
Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis
Food & Function
Reactive and Functional Polymers
International Journal of Food Science & Technology
Advances in Polymer Technology
Natural Product Research
|J. Mar. Biol. Assoc. U. K||1.070|
|Turkish Journal of Zoology
Journal of Aquatic Food Product Technology
h-index = 21
Cumulative impact factor: 232.
Peer-reviewed Papers (ISI WEB OF SCIENCE)
1) M. Kaya, A. Altındağ, G. Sezen (2008) The genus Sinantherina Bory de St. Vincent, 1826 a new record for the Turkish rotifer fauna. Turkish Journal of Zoology 32, (2008), 71-74 (IF 0.785)
2) A. Altındağ, Ö. Buyurgan, M. Kaya, E. Özdemir, S. Dirican (2009) A survey on some physico-chemical parameters and zooplankton structure in Karaman Stream, Antalya, Turkey. Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances 8 (9): 1710-1716 (IF 0.39)
3) A. Altındağ, H. Segers, M. Kaya (2009) Some Turkish rotifer species studied using light and scanning electron microscopy, Turkish Journal of Zoology 33: 73-81 (IF 0.785)
4) D. Fontaneto, M. Kaya, E. A. Herniou, T.G. Barraclough (2009) Extreme levels of hidden diversity in microscopic animals (Rotifera) revealed by DNA taxonomy. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 53 (1): 182-189 (IF 4.419)
5) M. Kaya, A. E. Herniou, T. G. Barraclough, D. Fontaneto (2009) Inconsistent estimates of diversity between traditional and DNA taxonomy in bdelloid rotifers. Organisms Diversity & Evolution 9: 3-12 (IF 2.313)
6) M. Kaya, A. Altındağ (2009) New record rotifer species for the Turkish fauna. Turkish Journal of Zoology 33: 7-12 (IF 0.785)
7) M. Kaya, A. E. Herniou, T. G. Barraclough, D. Fontaneto (2009) A faunistic survey of bdelloid rotifers in Turkey. Zoology in the Middle East 48: 114-116 (IF 0.525)
8) M. Kaya, D. Fontaneto, H. Segers, A. Altındağ (2010) Temperature and salinity as interacting drivers of species richness of planktonic rotifers in Turkish continental waters. Journal of Limnology 69(2): 297-304 (IF 1.451)
9) M. Kaya, D. Fontaneto, W.H. De Smet (2010) Survey of moss-dwelling bdelloid rotifers from middle Arctic Spitsbergen (Svalbard). Polar Biology 33(6): 833-842 (IF 1.949)
10) M. Kaya, A. Altındağ (2010) Ten additions to the rotifer fauna of Turkey. Turkish Journal of Zoology 34 (2): 195-202 (IF 0.785)
11) Ö. Buyurgan, A. Altındağ, M. Kaya (2010) Zooplankton community structure of Asartepe Dam Lake (Ankara-Turkey). Turkish Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 10 (1): 135-138 (IF 0.566)
12) M. Kaya, F. Duman, A. Altindag (2010) Habitat selection, diversity and estimating the species richness of rotifers in two ponds located in Central Anatolia. Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances 9(19): 2437-2444 (IF 0.39)
13) M. Hakimzadeh Khoei, M. Kaya, A. Altındağ (2011) New records of rotifers from Iran with biogeographic considerations. Turkish Journal of Zoology 35(3): 395-402 (IF 0.785)
14) D. Fontaneto, N. Iakovenko, I. Eyres, M. Kaya, M. Wyman, T.G. Barraclough (2011) Cryptic diversity in the genus Adineta Hudson & Gosse, 1886 (Rotifera: Bdelloidea: Adinetidae): a DNA taxonomy approach. Hydrobiologia 662(1): 27-33 (IF 2.056)
15) M. R. Ustaoğlu, A. Altındağ, M. Kaya, N. Akbulut, A. Bozkurt, D. Özdemir Mis, S. Atasagun, S. Erdoğan, A. Bekleyen, S. Saler, H.C. Okgerman (2012) A checklist of Turkish rotifers. Turkish Journal of Zoology 36(5): 607-622 (IF 0.785)
16) M. Kaya (2013) Terrestrial bdelloid rotifers from Erzurum (Eastern part of Turkey). Turkish Journal of Zoology 37: 413-418 (IF 0.785)
17) M. Kaya, K. O. Tozak, T. Baran, G. Sezen, I. Sargın (2013) Natural porous and nano fiber chitin structure from Gammarus argaeus (Gammaridae; Crustacea). EXCLI Journal 12: 503-510 (IF 1.462)
18) M. Asan-Ozusaglam, Y.S. Cakmak, M. Kaya (2013) The Biotechnological potential of Artemia salina fatty acids. Journal of Pure And Applied Microbiology 7: 1567-1575 (IF 0.16)
19) M. Kaya, I. Sargin, K. O. Tozak, T. Baran, S. Erdoğan, G. Sezen (2013) Chitin extraction and characterization from Daphnia magna resting eggs. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 61: 459-464 (IF 3.671)
20) Y. S. Cakmak, M. Kaya, M. Asan-Ozusaglam (2014) Biochemical composition and bioactivity screening of various extracts from Dunaliella salina, a green microalga. EXCLI Journal 13: 679-690 (IF 1.462)
21) M. Kaya, T. Baran, A. Mentes, M. Asaroglu, G. Sezen, K. O. Tozak (2014) Extraction and characterization of α-chitin and chitosan from six different aquatic invertebrates. Food Biophysics 9: 145–157 (IF 1.704)
22) M. Kaya, T. Baran, I. Saman, M. Asan Ozusağlam, Y. S. Cakmak, A. Mentes (2014) Physicochemical characterization of chitin and chitosan obtained from resting eggs of Ceriodaphnia quadrangula (Crustacea, Branchiopoda: Cladocera). Journal of Crustacean Biology 34: 283-288 (IF 1.064)
23) M. Kaya, M. Karaaslan, T. Baran, E. Can, G. Ekemen, B. Bitim, F. Duman (2014) The quick extraction of chitin from an epizoic crustacean species (Chelonibia patula). Natural Product Research 28: 2186–2190 (IF 1.02)
24) S. Saçmacı, Y. Yılmaz, S. Kartal, M. Kaya, F. Duman (2014) Resting eggs as new biosorbent for preconcentration of trace elements in various samples prior to their determination by FAAS. Biological Trace Element Research 159: 254–262 (IF 2.399)
25) M. Kaya, T. Baran, S. Erdoğan, A. Mentes, M. Asan-Ozusaglam, Y. S. Cakmak, (2014) Physicochemical comparison of chitin and chitosan obtained from larvae and adult Colorado potato beetle (Leptinotarsa decemlineata). Materials Science and Engineering C 45: 72-81 (IF 4.164)
26) M. Kaya, O. Seyyar, T. Baran, T. Turkes (2014) Bat guano as new and attractive chitin and chitosan source. Frontiers in Zoology 11: 59 (IF 2.781)
27) M. Kaya, O. Seyyar, T. Baran, S. Erdoga, M. Kar (2014) A physicochemical characterization of fully acetylated chitin structure isolated from two spider species. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 65: 553–558 (IF 3.671)
28) M. Kaya, V. Baublys, E. Can, I. Šatkauskiene, B. Bitim, V. Tubelyte, T. Baran (2014) Comparison of physicochemical properties of chitins isolated from an insect (Melolontha melolontha) and a crustacean species (Oniscus asellus). Zoomorphology 133: 285–293 (IF 1.038)
29) M. Kaya, S. Erdoğan (2014) Morphological examination of resting egg structure of three cladoceran species (Ceriodaphnia quadrangula (O.F. Müller, 1785), Daphnia longispina (O.F. Müller, 1776) and D. magna Straus, 1820). Turkish Journal of Zoology 38 (2): 131-135 (IF 0.785)
30) M. Kaya, Y. S. Cakmak, T. Baran, M. Asan Ozusaglam, A. Menteş, K. Tozak (2014) New chitin, chitosan and o-Carboxymethyl chitosan source from resting eggs of Daphnia longispina (Crustacea); with physicochemical characterization, antimicrobial and antioxidant activities. Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering 19: 58-69 (IF 1.16)
31) M. Kaya, B. Bitim, M. Mujtaba, T. Koyuncu (2015) Surface morphology of chitin highly related with the isolated body part of butterfly (Argynnis pandora). International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 81: 443-449 (IF 3.671)
32) M. Kaya, I. Akata, T. Baran, A. Mentes (2015) Physicochemical properties of chitin and chitosan produced from medicinal fungus (Fomitopsis pinicola). Food Biophysics 10: 162–168 (IF 1.704)
33) M. Kaya, T. Baran, M. Karaarslan (2015) A new method for fast chitin extraction from shells of crab, crayfish and shrimp. Natural Product Research 29 (15): 1477-1480 (IF 1.02)
34) M. Kaya, N. Bağrıaçık, O. Seyyar, T. Baran (2015) Comparison of chitin structures derived from three common wasp species (Vespa crabro Linnaeus, 1758, Vespa orientalis Linnaeus, 1771 and Vespula germanica (Fabricius, 1793)). Archives of Insect Biochemistry & Physiology 89 (4): 204-217 (IF 1.53)
35) M. Kaya, S. Erdoğan, A. Mol, T. Baran (2015) Comparison of chitin structures isolated from seven Orthoptera species. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 72: 797–805 (IF 3.671)
36) L. Zelencova, S. Erdogan, T. Baran, M. Kaya (2015) Chitin extraction and chitosan production from Chilopoda (Scolopendra cingulata) with identification of physicochemical properties. Polymer Science Series A 57 (4): 437-444 (IF 0.822)
37) M. Kaya, T. Baran (2015) Description of a new surface morphology for chitin extracted from wings of cockroach (Periplaneta americana). International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 75: 7-12 (IF 3.671)
38) I. Sargin, M. Kaya, G. Arslan, T. Baran, T. Ceter (2015) Preparation and characterisation of biodegradable pollen-chitosan microcapsules and its application in heavy metal removal. Bioresource Technology 177: 1-7 (IF 5.651)
39) M. Kaya, S. Erdoğan (2015) Testing the habitat selectivity of bdelloid rotifers in a restricted area. Turkish Journal of Zoology 39 (6): 1132-1141 (IF 0.785)
40) M. Kaya, M. Mujtaba, E. Bulut, B. Akyuz, L. Zelencova, K. Sofi (2015) Fluctuation in physicochemical properties of chitins extracted from different body parts of honeybee. Carbohydrate Polymers 132: 9-16 (IF 4.31)
41) M. Kaya, V. Baublys, I. Satkauskiene, B. Akyuz, E. Bulut, V. Tubelyte (2015) First chitin extraction from Plumatella repens (Bryozoa) with comparison to chitins of insect and fungal origin. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 79: 126–132 (IF 3.671)
42) M. Kaya,T. Baran, M. Asan-Ozusaglam, Y. S. Cakmak, K. O. Tozak, A. Mol, A. Mentes, G. Sezen (2015) Extraction and characterization of chitin and chitosan with antimicrobial and antioxidant activities from cosmopolitan Orthoptera species (Insecta). Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering 20: 168-179 (IF 1.16)
43) M. Kaya, E. Lelešius, R. Nagrockaite, I. Sargin, G. Arslan, A. Mol, T. Baran, E. Can, B. Bitim (2015) Differentiations of chitin content and surface morphologies of chitins extracted from male and female grasshopper species. PLOS ONE 10.1371/ journal.pone.0115531 (IF 4.411)
44) M. Kaya, MG. Halici, F. Duman, S. Erdogan, T. Baran (2015) Characterization of α-chitin extracted from a lichenised fungus species Xanthoria parietina. Natural Product Research 29 (13): 1280-1284 (IF 1.02)
45) M. Kaya, V. Baublys, I. Sargin, I. Šatkauskiene, A. Paulauskas, B. Akyuz, E. Bulut, V. Tubelyte, T. Baran, O. Seyyar, M. Kabalak, H. Yurtmen (2016) How taxonomic relations affect the physicochemical properties of chitin. Food Biophysics 11 (1): 10-19 (IF 1.704)
46) M. Kaya, L. Cesoniene, R. Daubaras, D. Leskauskaite, D. Zabulione (2016) Chitosan coating of red kiwifruit (Actinidia melanandra) for extending of the shelf life. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 85: 355-360 (IF 3.671)
47) M. Kaya, I. Sargin (2016) Highly fibrous and porous raw material shaped chitin isolated from Oniscus sp. (Crustacea). Food Biophysics 11 (1): 101-107 (IF 1.704)
48) M. Kaya, B. Akyuz, E. Bulut, I. Sargin, G. Tan, D. Erdonmez, M. Maheta, S. Satkauskas, S. Mickevicius (2016) DNA interaction, antitumor and antimicrobial activities of three-dimensional chitosan ring produced from the body segments of a diplopod. Carbohydrate Polymers 146: 80-89 (IF 4.31)
49) T. Baran, I. Sargin, A. Mentes, M. Kaya (2016) Exceptionally high turnover frequencies recorded for a new chitosan-based palladium(II) catalyst. Applied Catalysis A: General 523: 12-20 (IF 4.339)
50) M. Kaya, B. Akyuz, E. Bulut, I. Sargin, T. Eroglu, G. Tan (2016) Chitosan nanofiber production from Drosophila by electrospinning. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 92: 49-55 (IF 3.671)
51) M. Kaya, E. Bulut, M. Mujtaba, K. Sivickis, I. Sargin, B. Akyuz, S. Erdogan (2016) Gender influences diffentiation of chitin among body parts. Archives of Insect Biochemistry & Physiology 93 (2): 96-109 (IF 1.53)
52) M. Kaya, K. Sofi, I. Sargin, M. Mujtaba (2016) Changes in physicochemical properties of chitin at developmental stages (larvae, pupa and adult) of Vespa crabro (wasp). Carbohydrate Polymers 145: 64-70 (IF 4.31)
53) M. Kaya, M. Odabasi, M. Mujtaba, M. Sen, E. Bulut, B. Akyuz (2016) Novel three-dimensional cellulose produced from trunk of Astragalus gummifer (Fabaceae) tested for protein adsorption performance. Material Science and Engineering: C 62: 144-151 (IF 4.164)
54) M. Kaya, I. Sargin, V. Aylanc, M. N. Tomruk, S. Gevrek, I. Karatoprak, N. Colak, Y. G. Sak, E, Bulut (2016) Comparison of bovine serum albumin adsorption capacities of α-chitin isolated from an insect and ß-chitin from cuttlebone. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry 38: 146-156 (IF 4.421)
55) I. Sargin, G. Arslan, M. Kaya (2016) Microfungal spores (Ustilago maydis and U. digitariae) immobilised chitosan microcapsules for heavy metal removal. Carbohydrate Polymers 138: 201-209 (IF 4.31)
56) T. Baran, I. Sargin, M. Kaya, A. Mentes (2016) An environmental catalyst derived from biological waste materials for green synthesis of biaryls via Suzuki coupling reactions. Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical 420: 216-221(IF 4.211)
57) S. Erdogan, M. Kaya (2016) High similarity in physicochemical properties of chitin and chitosan from nymphs and adults of a grasshopper. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 89: 118-126 (IF 3.671)
58) M. Kaya, I. Sargin, I. Al-jaf, S. Erdogan, G. Arslan (2016) Characteristics of corneal lens chitin in dragonfly compound eyes. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 89: 54-61 (IF 3.671)
59) T. Baran, I. Sargin, M. Kaya, A. Mentes (2016) Green heterogeneous Pd(II) catalyst produced from chitosan-cellulose micro beads for green synthesis of biaryls. Carbohydrate Polymers 152: 181-188 (IF 4.31)
60) M. Mujtaba, I. Sargin, M. Kaya (2016) Determination of bovine serum albumin adsorption capacity of newly obtained cellulose extracted from Glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice). Advances in Polymer Technology 21701(IF 1.291)
61) M. Kaya, M. Mulercikas, I. Sargin, S. Kazlauskaite, V. Baublys, B. Akyuz, E. Bulut, V. Tubelyte (2016) Three-dimensional chitin rings from body segments of a pet diplopod species: characterization and protein interaction studies. Materials Science and Engineering C 68: 716-722 (IF 4.164)
62) Duman, F. M. Kaya (2016) Crayfish chitosan for microencapsulation of coriander (Coriandrum sativum L.) essential oil. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 92: 125-133 (IF 3.671)
63) H. Greven, M. Kaya, T. Baran (2016) The presence of alpha-chitin in Tardigrada with comments on chitin in the Ecdysozoa. Zoologischer Anzeiger 264: 11-16 (IF 1.2)
64) M. Kaya, I. Sargin, D. Erdonmez (2016) Microbial biofilm activity and physicochemical characterization of biodegradable and edible cups obtained from abdominal exoskeleton of an insect. Innovative Food Science & Emerging Technologies 36: 68-74 (IF 2.573)
65) I. Sargin, G. Arslan, M. Kaya (2016) Efficiency of chitosan-algal biomass composite microbeads at heavy metal removal. Reactive and Functional Polymers 98: 38-47 (IF 3.151)
66) M. Kaya, F. Dudakli, M. Asan-Ozusaglam, YS. Cakmak, T. Baran, A. Mentes, S. Erdogan (2016) Porous and nanofiber α-chitosan obtained from blue crab (Callinectes sapidus) tested for antimicrobial and antioxidant activities. LWT – Food Science and Technology 65: 1109-1117 (IF 2.329)
67) M. Kaya, M. Asan-Ozusaglam, S. Erdogan (2016) Comparison of antimicrobial activities of newly obtained low molecular weight scorpion chitosan and medium molecular weight commercial chitosan. Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering 121 (6): 678-684 (IF 2.24)
68) M. Asan-Ozusaglam, Y. S. Cakmak, M. Kaya, S. Erdogan, T. Baran, A. Mentes, I. Saman (2016) Antimicrobial and Antioxidant Properties of Ceriodaphnia quadrangula Ephippia Chitosan. Romanian Biotechnological Letters 21 (5): 11881 (IF 0.404)
69) M. Mujtaba, M. Kaya, L. Akyuz, D. Erdonmez, B. Akyuz, I. Sargin (2017) Detailed adsorption mechanism of plasmid DNA by newly isolated cellulose from waste flower spikes of Thypa latifolia using quantum chemical calculations. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 102: 914-923 (IF 3.671)
70) M. Kaya, L. Akyuz, I. Sargin, M. Mujtaba, A. M. Salaberria, J. Labidi, Y. S. Cakmak, B. Koc, T. Baran, T. Ceter (2017) Incorporation of sporopollenin enhances acid-base durability, hydrophobicity, and mechanical, antifungal and antioxidant properties of chitosan films. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry 47: 236-245 (IF 4.421)
71) L. Akyuz, M. Kaya, B. Koc, M. Mujtaba, I. Sedef, J. Labidi, A. M. Salaberria, Y. S. Cakmak, A. Yildiz (2017) Diatomite as a novel composite ingredient for chitosan film with enhanced physicochemical properties. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 105: 1401-1411 (IF 3.671)
72) T. Drevinskas, G. Naujokaityte, A. Maruška, M. Kaya, I. Sargin, R. Daubaras, L. Cesoniene (2017) Effect of molecular weight of chitosan on the shelf life and other quality parameters of three different cultivars of Actinidia kolomikta (kiwifruit). Carbohydrate Polymers 173: 269-275 (IF 4.31)
73) I. Sargin, L. Akyuz, M. Kaya, G. Tan, T. Ceter, K. Yildirim, S. Ertosun, G.H. Aydin, M. Topal (2017) Controlled release and anti-proliferative effect of imatinib mesylate loaded sporopollenin microcapsules extracted from pollens of Betula pendula. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 105: 749-756 (IF 3.671)
74) M. Kaya, I. Sargin, I. Sabeckis, D. Noreikaite, D. Erdonmez, A.M. Salaberria, J. Labidi, V. Baublys, V. Tubelyte (2017) Biological, mechanical, optical and physicochemical properties of natural chitin films obtained from the dorsal pronotum and the wing of cockroach. Carbohydrate Polymers 163: 162-169 (IF 4.31)
75) M. Mujtaba, I. Sargin, L. Akyuz, C. Ceter, M. Kaya (2017) Newly isolated sporopollenin microcages from Platanus orientalis pollens as a vehicle for controlled drug delivery. Materials Science & Engineering C 77: 263-270 (IF 4.164)
76) L. Akyuz, I. Sargin, M. Kaya, T. Ceter, I. Akata, (2017) A new pollen-derived microcarrier for Pantoprazole delivery. Materials Science & Engineering C 71: 937-942 (IF 4.164)
77) T. Baran, I. Sargin, M. Kaya, A. Mentes, T. Ceter (2017) Design and application of sporopollenin microcapsule supported palladium catalyst: remarkably high turnover frequency and reusability in catalysis of biaryls. Journal of Colloid & Interface Science 486: 194-203 (IF 4.233)
78) E. Bulut, I. Sargin, O. Arslan, M. Odabasi, B. Akyuz, M. Kaya (2017) In situ chitin isolation from body parts of a centipede and lysozyme adsorption studies. Materials Science and Engineering C 70: 552-563 (IF 4.164)
79) A. Cengiz, M. Kaya, N. Pekel Bayramgil, (2017) Flexural stress enhancement of concrete by incorporation of algal cellulose nanofibers. Construction & Building Materials 149: 289-295 (IF 3.169)
80) M. Mujtaba, A. M. Salaberria, M. A. Andres, M. Kaya, A. Gunyakti, J. Labidi (2017) Utilization of flax (Linum usitatissimum) cellulose nanocrystals as reinforcing material for chitosan films. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 104: 944-952 (IF 3.671)
81) H. Ehrlich, V. V. Bazhenov, C. Debitus, N. de Voogd, R. Galli, M. V. Tsurkan, M. Wysokowski, H. Meissner, E. Bulut, M. Kaya, T. Jesionowski (2017) Isolation and identification of chitin from heavy mineralized skeleton of Suberea clavata (Verongida: Demospongiae: Porifera) marine demosponge. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules in press. (IF 3.671)
82) M. Kaya, M. Mutajba, H. Ehrlich, A. M. Salaberria, T. Baran, C. T. Amemiya, R. Galli, L. Akyuz, I. Sargin, J. Labidi (2017) On chemistry of γ-chitin. Carbohydrate Polymers 176: 177-186 (IF 4.31)
83) Ş. Fikirdeşici-Ergen, E. Üçüncü-Tunca, M. Kaya, E. Tunca (2018) Bioremediation of heavy metal contaminated medium using Lemna minor, Daphnia magna and their consortium. Chemistry and Ecology (IF 1.463)
84) T. Baran, I. Sargin, M. Kaya, P. Mulercikas, S. Kazlauskaite, A. Mentes (2018) Production of magnetically recoverable, thermally stable, bio-based catalyst: Remarkable turnover frequency and reusability in Suzuki coupling reaction, Chemical Engineering Journal 331: 102-113 (IF 6.216)
85) M. Kaya, A. M. Salaberria, M. Mujtaba, J. Labidi, T. Baran, M. Mulercikas, F. Duman (2018) An inclusive physicochemical comparison of natural and synthetic chitin films, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules in press. (IF 3.671)
86) Kaya, M., Ravikumar, P., Ilk, S., Mujtaba, M., Akyuz, L., Labidi, J., Salaberria, A. M., Cakmak, Y. S., Karaman, S. (2018) Production and characterization of chitosan based edible films from Berberis crataegina’s fruit extract and seed oil. Innovative Food Science & Emerging Technologies 45, 287-297. (IF 2.573)
87) Kaya, M., Khadem, S., Cakmak, Y. S., Mujtaba, M., Ilk, S., Akyuz, L., Salaberria, A. M., Labidi, J., Abdulqadir, A. H., Deligöz, E. (2018) Antioxidative and antimicrobial edible chitosan films blended with stem, leaf and seed extracts of Pistacia terebinthus for active food packaging. RSC Advances, 8, 3941-3950. (IF 3.108)
88) Akyuz, L., Kaya., M., Ilk, S., Cakmak, Y. S., Salaberria, A. M., Labidi, J., Akyuz Yılmaz, B., Sargin, I. 2018. Effect of different animal fat and plant oil additives on physicochemical, mechanical, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties of chitosan films. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 11: 475-484. (IF 3.671)
Other International Papers
1) Altindag, A., Kaya, M., Ergonul, M. B. and Yigit, S, Six rotifer species new for the Turkish fauna, “Zoology in the Middle East “, 36, (2005), s.99-104
2) Emir (Akbulut), N. and Kaya, M., Records of species of Lecane Nitzsch, 1827 new for the Turkish rotifer fauna (Ploima, Lecanidae), ” Zoology in the Middle East “, 41, (2007), s.119-120
3) Kaya, M. and Altındağ, A, Brachionidae (Rotifera: Monogononta) Species from Turkey, “Asian Journal of Animal Sciences “, 1 , (2007), s.40-47
4) Kaya, M. and Altindağ, A, A Taxonomic Study on The Families Lepadellidae and Trichocercidae (Rotifera: Monogononta) of Turkey, “Chinese Journal of Oceonology and Limnology “, 25, (2007), s.423-426
5) Kaya, M., Yigit, S. and Altındağ, A. , Rotifers in Turkish Inland Waters, “Zoology in the Middle East “, 40, (2007), s.71-76
6) Kaya, M. and Altındağ, A. , Zooplankton Fauna and Seasonal Changes of Gelingüllü Dam Lake (Yozgat), “Turkish Journal of Zoology “, 31, (2007), s.347-351
7) Erdağon, S and Kaya M, The Biodiversity of Bdelloid Rotifers on a Single Rock Affected by Cardinal Directions, “Journal of Earth Science Research “, 1, (2013), s.20-23
8) Asan-Ozusaglam, A., Cakmak, Y.S. and Kaya, M., Bioactivity and Antioxidant Capacity of Anabaenopsis sp. (Cyanobacteria) Extracts, “Journal of Algal Biomass Utilization “, 4, (2013), s.50-58
9) Akyuz L., Duman, F. and Kaya, M, Encapsulation of flurbiprofen by chitosan using a spray-drying method with in vitro drug releasing and molecular docking, “Turkish Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences “, , (2017), s.14: 34-39.
1) Kaya M, Sargin I., Erdonmez D. Chitin and chitosan bio-cup production methods (under evaluation) 2018.
1. Mujtaba, M., Kaya, M., Bulut, E., Akyuz, B., Recycling and physicochemical caracterization of pomegranate waste peels into a gren material (cellulose), “International Conferance on Natural Science and Engineering (Icnase’16)”, March 19-20, 2016, Kilis, Turkey (oral presentation).
2. Erdogan, S., Kaya, M., and Akata, I. Chitin Extraction and Chitosan Production from Cell Wall of Two Mushroom Species (Lactarius vellereus and Phyllophora ribis). 2 nd International Congress On Biomaterıals & Biosensors (BIOMATSEN 2016). June 1-3, 2016, Istanbul-Turkey (oral presentation).
3. Mol, A. and Kaya, M. Chitin Content and Some Physicochemical Properties of Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadoidea). Symposium on EuroAsian Biodiversity, ANTALYA, Turkey, 23-27 May 2016 (oral presentation).
4. Kaya, M., Surface Characteristic of Chitin and Chitosan, “THE VITAL NATURE SIGN, 10th International Scientific Conference”, May 19-20, 2016, Vilnius/Lithuania (oral presentation).
5. Sabckis, I., Baublys, V., Kaya, M.,Noreikaité, D., Tubelyté, V., 3D Chitin Isolation from Blaberus giganteus, “THE VITAL NATURE SIGN, 10th International Scientific Conference”, May 19-20, 2016, Vilnius/Lithuania (poster presentation).
6. Mujtaba, M., Kaya, M.,Exploitation of Thypa Latifolia (broadleaf cattail) Flower Spikes as a Resource for Cellulose Production, “2nd International Congress on The World of Technology and Advanced Materials”, 28 September – 02 October 2016, Kırşehir/Turkey (oral presentation).
7. Sargın, I., Mujtaba, M., Akyuz, L., Çeter, T., Kaya, M., Paracetamol Encapsulation by Sporopollenin Microcages Isolated from Platanus Orientalis Pollens, “3rd Symposiu on Aerobiology Palynology, and Latest Advancements in Allergy”, 5-7 November 2016, Kastamonu/Turkey (oral presentation).
8. Bulut, E., Kaya, M., Production of Three-Dimentional Chitin and It’s Potential Application Areas, “WITAM-2016-2nd International Congress of World on The Technologies and Advanced Materials, 28 September – 02 October 2016, Kırşehir/Turkey (oral presentation).
9. Duman, F., Kaya M., Öçsoy İ., Öztürk Küp., F., Koca, F.D. (2015). Facile Biosynthesis of Silver Nanoparticles Using Tilia Tomentosa Leaf Extract: its Characterization and Antimicrobial Activity. 27th European Conference on Biomaterials, 30 August – 3 September 2015Krakow, Poland (Poster no: 1872345).
10.Aras, U., Kaya, M. and Erdogan, S. XIV. International Rotifer Symposium. 30 August – 4 September 2015, Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic (poster presentation).
11.Altındağ, A., Yiğit, S., Kaya, M., Species diversity and community structure of the zooplankton in eutrophic Lagoon Lake Köyceğiz-Muğla-Turkey, “Selfs-5 Symposium for European Freshwater Science”, July 8-13, 2007, Palermo/Italy (poster presentation).